Employment type: Contract
Location: Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Turku or Remote
About Forbidden Studios:
We are experienced and ambitious creatives and tech people crafting wholehearted experiences for PC and consoles in a cosy but sharply functional environment. Our headquarters is located in Turku, Finland. We are establishing another studio in Cluj-Napoca, Romania for our growing Art Department as soon as the pandemic allows us. Our goal is to create meaningful worlds where people want to stay forever.
We are currently developing Among the Trolls, a first-person survival action adventure where the strange mysteries of Nordic forests are unraveled.
In this role you will:
With the help of our existing team you will take the lead responsibility for creating beautiful and well-functioning game environments using our own custom tools within Unity game engine – We will build additional tools based on your wishes! You will also take part in creating nature-related assets. Among the Trolls’ environments are a love song to nature with an added layer of supernatural fantasy elements. The visual style flirts with photorealism. The environments will support survival-gameplay systems as well as narrative and creative expression. Awe-inspiring, mysterious, magical, nostalgic and strange are key adjectives here.
- Take the lead responsibility of the game’s environments
- Collaborate with designers and other leads in the initial level design and map creation process
- Test and iterate the environments
- When you are happy with the environments’ functionality and designs, bring them to life with assets
- Craft environmental assets such as vegetation and guide others to do the same (We are currently using Blender, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and SpeedTree)
- Review and critique other Environment Artists’ work and mentor them
- Communicate what kind of custom tools would make environment creation easier
- You must be an encouraging team player
- Understanding of performance requirements
- Experience working within a game engine.
- You have shipped games in your portfolio
- Fitting educational background of proven equivalent skills
- Mentoring and leadership skills
- Long and stable project
- Highly flexible working hours
- Great work-life balance
- Vacations can be scheduled
- International award-winning team with nice co-workers
- Parties, snacks, all sorts of activities (Organized based on the team’s own wishes!)
- Did we forget to add something on this list? Let us know, we are here to enable you!
Send your application, portfolio and CV (attached or as links) to: email@example.com